This page contains useful links to evidence-based practice resources.
Evidence based practice has been defined as 'the conscientious, explicit, and judicious use of current best evidence in making decisions about the care of individual patients' .
Useful evidence based practice links
- Guidelines: UK National Library for Health, NICE, SIGN; US National Guidelines Clearinghouse; Canadian Medical Association; New Zealand Guidelines Group.
- Systematic Reviews: Cochrane Library (free full text) http://www.thecochranelibrary.com/view/0/index.html
- PEDro: Physiotherapy Evidence Database. Free database of over 16500 randomised trials, systematic reviews and clinical practice guidelines www.pedro.org.au/
- Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine https://www.cebm.net/resources-2/
- Rehab+ https://plus.mcmaster.ca/rehab/
- CASP https://casp-uk.net/casp-tools-checklists/
- Council for Allied Health Professions Research CAHPR https://cahpr.csp.org.uk/
1. Sackett DL et al. 1996 Evidence based medicine: what it is and what it isn’t. BMJ 1996; 312: 71-